Thursday, February 4, 2010

"They are so dangerous!"

I guess I just have to give a mini-brag tonight.

My Parents live in the house behind me, and they just LOVE Nubs. My mom enjoys doing tricks with him (and undoing my training on accident) and my dad misses having a trust-worthy dog around and has adopted Nubs as his buddy and garage assistant. These 2 people were very VERY anti-Pit Bull before they met Nubs. Amazing what just one dog can do to change a persons mind.

Anyways...

Today after our normal winter walk (about half of our summer walks), we walked over to my parents house to chat and such. My parents no longer have dogs or cats but now have Ferrets instead. They have 3 wonderful, sweet, sassy ferrets with great temperaments; Dee Dee, Boo, and Micky.

While my mom was playing with Nubs, I took Boo out of their cage and sat down for a bit with her. When Boo first met Nubs, she bit him hard on his eye lid, and that was the end of Nubs even pestering the ferrets. I felt bad for Nubs, but it taught him more of a lesson then I could have ever done so: Do NOT mess with the ferrets! Well Nubs saw that I was holding one of the ferrets and decided he wanted the attention, and ended up climbing onto my lap and sharing it with this 1lb ferret. Boo just climbed all over him and started to clean his ears, eyes, chin, anything she could, and Nubs just laid there not quite enjoying it but respecting the ferret and what she wanted to do.

It just amazes me that he respect the ferrets the way he does, and he treats each one differently. Boo, who bit him, he is cautious around, Micky he plays with and then little Dee Dee he leaves alone because she is scared of him.

Yup Pit Bulls just happen to be such dangerous dogs you know. No I'm not a complete idiot. Nubs is just a dog and yes if that predator instinct kicks in I'm sure he would and could kill another animal. I mean he is a DOG. Dogs do hunt and and will kill prey animals. I think people often forget that these creatures are only dogs, not humans and do not rationalize the same way we do, but I tell you what. Nubs is GREAT inside with these ferrets because both my father and I have taken just over a year to work with him on being around them and we still will not allow him around them when they are out playing because Nubs is just a dog and accidents do happen. I don't think he's even harm the ferrets INSIDE on purpose, but we are talking about a 60lb dog VS. a 1lb ferret.

Nubs and Micky:
"I respect you dude. Don't bite me please!"
IMG_4501



Micky:


Little stinker Boo:
IMG_4007

No photos of Dee Dee. I guess I need to get some photos of the Sable girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment