Saturday, January 30, 2010

How Far We've Come...

Tonight is one of those nights were it's hard to believe this is the same dog that came home with me a little under 2 years ago.

2 years ago up until about 8 months ago, it was a nightmare to clip Nubs's toenails. It always involved a jar of peanut butter, clippers and a lot of hog tying Nubs down to get his nails clipped and that was normally front one day then the back the next. I also remember the turning point, just about 1 year ago. Nubs just wasn't feeling well and just wanted to sleep all day long. I ambushed him and clipped his nails while he just attempted to sleep. I know I was such a bad owner for bugging him while he wasn't feeling well, but that day was the end of his fighting. It was like he realized that whole nail clipping this wasn't as bad as he thought.

Today it takes 15mins to trim his nails (with a dremel tool at that), clean his ears, brush his teeth, and give him a wipe down with wet-wipes. This same thing would take days only a year ago. Amazing how far we've come. Sometimes it's so hard to believe this dog came to me with so many demons. No one would ever think he was once so scared of everything around him that he'd pee in fear now of days. I love this dog!
IMG_6531-1

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture! Such a handsome boy. And wow, you've done a great job of helping him tolerate the grooming.

    ReplyDelete