Thursday, February 11, 2010

Agilty Class Update

So it's been a while since I've done an update on Agility class but it hasn't been to entertaining. Nubs is doing well and always overzealous on everything. What a goof.

Last year I took him to dog event the next over which had a place where you donated $1 to the local SPCA and could run an Agility course for fun. Nubs had a BLAST with the tunnel but FREAKED at the A-frame so we didn't try it beyond him stepping on it. Last week was the start of using the A-frame. Everyone is having fun attempting to get their dogs upon the a-frame. The other Pit Bull in class finally had to be pushed up the A-frame before she'd give into climbing it.

Nubs and I went last seeing as normally he is either so hard headed that it takes a while or he is all go and does it in seconds. I guess he was watching the other dogs do it because he didn't even take a second to ponder what to do, he just bolted right up one side and down the other before I had a chance to even react. This dog just doesn't do what I expect EVER! He shocked both me and the trainer so I didn't feel too bad for not expecting his reaction.

He officially LOVES the tunnels and A-frame. He is always wanting to run up it or through the tunnels every time he see's it.

This week we played with the Teeter totter. Again I need to work on Nubs learning that he has back feet. I just can't seem to get this guy to focus on anything besides the treat in my hand, people around him, or that darn A-frame! About 3/4th of the way through class I started noticing Nubs was getting tired because he actually started paying attention to me! It was amazing, it was like having the perfect dog. He was running, jumping, listening, everything perfectly! I was in heaven! Then out of no where he refused to run through the tunnel.

So we attempt 4 times to get him to go through the tunnel. He had been doing the tunnel all night long, but suddenly nope! Not having it. Finally the Trainer decided to have a go at it herself. She takes Nubs OFF LEASH and has a run with him. She just asked me to get ready to catch him if he runs off. What do you think happened? If you thought Nubs ran perfectly for her you'd be correct! That darn dog did everything correct for her, and he even knew he was off leash. He just wanted that darn treat in her hand!

Soon dog... Soon one day you'll listen to me and LIKE listening to me. You'll run the course no issues, and you'll LIKE it. You hear me you little devil?

"Who you call'n a devil? Does this face look like a devil to you?"
IMG_6189edit

Your right Nubs, your no devil. You are just hard headed and that is what I love about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment