Monday, July 27, 2015

Step One: Level One

Trying for once to keep my goal, I normally write these posts a few weeks in advance.  Just means I can keep more things going and write when I have more time. However it means if you happen to know me in person or online you may have heard about the news already.   

Today we had our Search and Rescue's team training.  It's a day where everyone across the state meets up to train and catch up.   Now the team has standards, like every team does, that you have to meet before you are able to be deployed on a search.  For Trailing dogs, you have 3 different tests you have to pass which are refered to as level one, level two, and level three.  Level one is the lowest and level three is the highest.  At level three you are considered a team that can be deployed and used on a search.  Each team must go through all three tests.

Now, Today was hot, I'm not talking about warm, I mean HOT. We haven't had this type of heat here in roughly two years.  In fact, last year it only hit 80 once!  Today it was 83*, which isn't horrible but there was no wind and the humidity was at 87%.  You couldn't even walk a few feet without breaking into a sweat so bad it was dripping down your face.  So now imagine Peanut who is black working in this heat and you'll realize how much harder and amazing the feat is.

Today Ms. Peanut and I passed our Level One trailing test!!!!


It's an amazing feat for us.  First of all, Many people have told us "You can't do it" and this just proves, yes we can.  Second, we are one the only non-hound team on our trailing team.  I am just so proud of us and where we are.  Next up is our level two!  Lets go TEAM PEANUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment