Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1st UKC Weight Pull

Man, what a busy weekend!

I took Nubs out to Kalamazoo Michigan for the Michigan Classic which was paired with a Weight Pull event. Met a lot of people who I know on some of the forums I've been on, and got Nubs out on the cart and did some good pulling with him.

I had gotten an all clear from the Vet on Thursday so Friday I packed up my stuff and headed out to Kalamazoo for the weigh in. Now I've been out at weight pulls before as a spectator, so while I knew some things, I didn't know much at all about what to do. Thankfully I ran into someone I knew and they kind of helped me figure my way around. After the weigh in (65lbs! That boy is getting FAT! Gotta work off some of that winter fat now that he is getting better) I sat my stuff up, and called it good. Weigh in was at 3:30pm... Weight pulling started at 5:30pm with the 20and 30lb weight class. The 50,60,and 70lb weight class started about 7:30pm. There was 58 dogs entered this day so that is a LOT to go through.

Nubs ended up pulling 2000lbs his first night. And here is a video of him pulling 1167lbs on Friday night:

Man he had fun as did I.

On Saturday weigh in started at 9am. We started pulling around 1pm. He did his personal best this day at 2420lbs. He could do more, but with him just getting over that leg limp, I didn't want to push him further and harm him.

What a weekend! If I find some photos of him pulling I'll make sure to post them here!

1 comment:

  1. I watched this video like 3 zillion times when you posted it on the forum. I love your enthusiasm and how hard he tried for you!

    ReplyDelete