Monday, January 18, 2010

Nubs? Who is that?

What can I say about Nubs? Really what can I say? I should have started a blog a long time ago, but now with Nubs starting weight pulling soon, agility classes, and with summer coming soon (not soon enough though) I guess it's time to start one.

Who is Nubs you ask? Why he is my 2 day shy of 3 years old Pit Bull.
IMG_6192edit
He was a rescue that I found at my local shelter after I put my last dog Carter down. He wasn't a fighting case, abuse case, ot really anything major like that. His owner had given him up after he found out he was going to Iraq for 18 months and no one in his family was willing to take him for that time. So no, he's not a "Fight dog to Love dog" story or anything interesting like that, but like many dogs in the shelter system, he just was a victim of "unforeseen" circumstances.

He came to me with many fears though. I mean I couldn't even walk him down the road without some new object freaking him out. I remember my first walk with him. I use to live by this wonderful walking/biking path that stretched the whole length of lower Michigan, and if followed can take you to the Mississippi river or Upstate New York. You have to go under a few overpasses and Nubs froze as we got close to it. He just freaked out. It took about 10 to 15 mins to get him to walk under it, but from that moment on, life was different. While he was still (and still is sometimes but very rarely) randomly scared of things, his trust in me was so strong that he could overcome any fear in minuets.

So yes, this Blog is about Nubs, Myself, and the stories We have had, or will have. I hope you enjoy the stories and maybe the next time you are out at your local shelter, think twice before you walk past that Pit Bull's cage without looking.

MI59.10112514-2-x
"Please won't you give me a chance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment