Monday, June 28, 2010

Nubs and the Nephew and an Update on his leg

You know they say Pit Bulls and kids do not mix, but for anyone who owns a Pit Bull and has children or has children around you know the truth. When properly trained and watched, both are GREAT together, just like any other dog breed in the world. All dogs should be watched like hawks around kids for safety concerns, no matter the breed. That being said and all, let me introduce my nephew JD.

JD is 16 months old and a little devil like most kids his age are. He's very sweet, loves to give hung and LOVES Nubs and his Aunt. His eyes light up, he starts to squeal, and claps his hands when ever he see's Nubs or myself walk into my Parents house.
IMG_7616-1 copy


That day my Dad picked up a battery powered car for JD, and we were teaching him how to drive it around the yard. He finally got pushing down the gas to make it go, but still couldn't understand how to turn the week to drive it around.
IMG_7670-1


JD LOVES Nubs to death, I have a feeling as he get's older, they will be best friends when JD is visiting my parents house. Already he tries to come over to my house (I live behind my parents house) when he first stops in before he goes over to their house.

"Hi Doggy!"
IMG_7675-1

"No Kissies!!!"
IMG_7708-1

No, JD doesn't like Nubs at all, not a bit!
IMG_7710-1


And then just a few extras of my nephew
Dancing in the car
IMG_7693-1

"Ferret! Gotta get the FERRET!!!" (Ok it's a squirrel, but he doesn't know the difference)
IMG_7733-1


Lesson of the story? Young kids and DOGS in general get along great even Pit Bulls. Just training, and a watchful eye is all it takes.

UPDATE on Nubs leg:
Its been 10 days since Nubs went to visit the Vet. He still limps, but it's a lot less then he use to, and it's a lot less severe then it use to be. I'm hoping that this is a sign that it is healing, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Another 18 days before it's time to get him back to the vet. Keep your fingers and/or paws crossed for good news. Nubs is getting a little chubby without his daily workouts. Still looks great, but is looking out of shape lol.

1 comment:

  1. First let me say that JD is sooo cute. You can write about him anytime! And at that age they are really learning about everything and themselves, so that really makes it fun. And little boys are so easy to make happy...give them a Hot Wheels car or two and they are happy for hours!

    Glad to hear the big boy is doing better. Keeping my fingers crossed that he continues to do so.

    I sure do wish they would get DF fixed! I'm starting to have withdrawals. I can connect with my cell, but it is so slow. Give Nubs a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete