Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Todays Post is Brought to you by the Letters A, C, and L

Official word: Nubs has an almost completely torn ACL. Surgery is looking at around $700 (Which is half of what I was expecting).

He ended up tearing more of it this weekend when we did a lure course. Nubs did wonderfully but about 3/4ths of the way through he started limping and I ended up pulling him out of the weight pull because of how bad the limp was.

He did however on Saturday pull 3612lbs and is now a UWPCH! I'm so proud of my boy, but this means we are out for the rest of the year and a good chunk of next of anything "fun".

2 comments:

  1. I saw your post on FB. I am so sorry for both you AND Nubs. I know you both enjoyed pulling so much. Are you still going to go watch so you can continue to learn, and if so, would Nubs be able to go (after he heals of course).

    And the price of the surgery for a dog the size of Nubs is about 1/3 of what I would have to pay for for Butch and/or Roxxy.

    Good luck and keep us posted. I hate that the Nubster has to have surgery...and that you have to incur the cost. We do just about anything for our critters, don't we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, poor Nubs! I'm so sorry. :( Lots of healing thoughts to the boy. Hope the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete