Monday, October 18, 2010

Lure Coursing, the Photos...

It took me a full week to get through all the photos from the Weight Pull/Dog Show/ Lure Course. I took that many photos (just shy of 400 photos)

Nubs did his first (and last) Lure course last weekend, in which he did MUCH better then I ever thought he would. Nubs doesn't seem to have much of a prey drive, so when he took off after the lure, I was SHOCKED! He ran the whole track happy as can be (Not sure if he was happy to be chasing the lure or just to be able to be free of his crate).

Now this is where he ended up tearing his ACL. Didn't stop him from still chasing the lure, but you could tell where he tore it.

(Photos taken by my friend Amanda. THANKS!!!!!!)
RUN! NUBS RRRUUUNNN!
IMG_9468-12 copy

This is about where he tore his ACL. Still didn't stop him
NubsLure1

Slowing down (after he tore his ACL, yet still wanting to catch that lure)
NubsLure2

Post ACL tear: Keeping a close eye on that Lure, but heading back to me.
Lure2

No clue if he would have gotten a pass on his aptitude test, but if he didn't hurt himself I think he would have no questions asked.

At least he enjoyed himself. Thats all that matters right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Nubs! I'm so sorry about his ACL. But it sure does look like he was having loads of fun!

    I hope you heal super fast, Nubs!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxxy sends loads of licks and nuzzles, to help Nubs when he has surgery. Butch thought he looked really cool, but has no interest in lure coursing. He'd probably rather snuggle with YOU Cindy. Me, I just want Nubs to be all better.

    ReplyDelete