Sunday, September 8, 2013

Working With Peanut

It hasn't been such a great year for our SAR work.  My local SAR team kind of fell apart on me so I haven't had anyone to hide for me in a while.  I've been instead doing tracking of my own scent instead which helps to sharpen her nose skills.

Heres the map from tonight.  It doesn't look like much, but that's just shy of a half mile track. Took us about 15mins to do the whole thing.


View 2800-2898 7th Ave in a larger map

Tonight was a perfect night, calm winds, cooler temps, and Peanut was in the mood to work.  I held nothing back tonight.  There was cross tracks, back tracks and I even crossed the street.  As you can see, she was very confused on the crossing of the street but worked it out well and picked up my scent again as she came pass it.  The loops and back tracks she really had no troubles with, and at the end she was starting to get tired (still quite warm when we were doing this) but she found her toy and treats in the end.  So tonight was a success!  I love my little rescue dog.  She may drive me bonkers, but she's a great dog!

One happy, hot dog

20130908_192523

Working on long distance down stays.  Needs work
20130908_193124

And just her watching across the field
20130908_193210




No comments:

Post a Comment